A personal injury can happen to anyone, at any time. From motor vehicle accidents to medical malpractice, you may have been injured because of someone else's negligence. The physical and emotional toll of sustaining an injury caused by someone else can be overwhelming; handling the legal side of your personal injury claim should be the last thing on your mind.
Jeanne Andry Landry advocates for people who have been injured as a result of someone else's fault. Whether you are in Metairie, Mandeville, or anywhere in the greater New Orleans, Louisiana area, she will work with you to protect your rights and obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
After Sustaining a Personal Injury in New Orleans:
Knowing what to do in the minutes, hours, and days after you have sustained a personal injury, and taking the right steps, will prove critical as your case progresses. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Seek Medical Help: Obtain emergency care as soon as possible after the accident to allow medical providers to assess and document your initial post-accident injuries.
- Collect Documentation: Obtain copies of all documentation available, including preliminary police reports, the full contact and insurance information of the person who injured you, as well as contact information for any witnesses.
- Take Pictures: A picture is worth a thousand words. You or someone else should take pictures with your phone of the damage to both vehicles (in the case of a motor vehicle accident), your visible injuries, and the accident scene.
- Personal Recollection of Details: Document your own recollection of what occurred before, during, and after the accident. Do this as soon as possible.
- Report the Injury to Your Insurance Carrier: Report the accident to your own insurance company immediately, as some companies have strict time requirements for reporting.
- Retain an Attorney: Hire an experienced personal injury attorney to help you file claims, negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company, or go to trial if necessary.
After sustaining a personal injury, your only concern should be your recovery process. Obtaining quality legal representation to handle all aspects of your personal injury case will allow you to take care of yourself.